All B.C. motorists must have ICBC Basic Autoplan insurance. Basic Autoplan includes five key auto insurance coverages:
- Third-Party Liability: if you are in a crash and are at fault, and the other vehicle driver makes an insurance claim against you.
- Accident Benefits: These benefits cover medical cost or provide various financial supports in the event of a crash. It covers yourself, any occupants of your vehicle at the time of the crash, plus members of your household, plus any cyclists or pedestrians that may have collided with your vehicle.
- Underinsured Motorist Protection: in the event of a crash where the other motorist is at fault and doesn't have enough insurance coverage to pay for your claim.
- Hit-and-run and Uninsured Motorist Protection: available to all BC residents, even if one does not own or insure a vehicle, eligibility can can provide $200,000 in coverage to settle damage, injury, or death payments.
- Inverse Liability coverage: for the event you are in parts of Canada or the USA where their local laws do not allow claims against the one at fault for your accident. More information on these coverages, commercial Autoplan insurance, driving outside of BC, and optional extended coverage, can be found on the ICBC Autoplan website.
To receive a quote, click the button below.